Problem displaying to projector

Yeah, that’s an old device (your projector) and unfortunately such things without HDMI input are going to be a problem.

Maybe it’s time for a new one (I just bought a new Panny HD projector I just love!)

I tried the seagate. It has a 480i option and presto it works. Not the best image but it works. WD needs to add the 480i option!

They do have the 480i…  It’s called “Composite.”  Sheesh.   Some people just do not listen… :wink:

480i through component, it won’t display on my projector under 480i composite.

ddutton wrote:

I tried the seagate. It has a 480i option and presto it works. Not the best image but it works. WD needs to add the 480i option!

Then why bother with the WD?  Stick with your Seagate.

wow rough crowd.

No, but it’s odd that you say you have a Seagate and it works fine – why in heaven’s name are you bothering trying to get a device that doesn’t work with it working?

We’ve already given you all the advice in the world and the end result is that it just ain’t gonna happen.  No harm no foul – not every device works with every other device.  If there was anything else we could tell you to do we would but at this point you need to just move on.  At least you do have something that works (and be grateful for that because I still tell you that what you have is a very old device.  Component input is dead, long live HDMI).

Yeah, and it’s not component at that…  It’s component converted to composite, then split to S-Video, instead of just using composite out to composite in to begin with, and then calling it a “Bad picture.”  Gee!  :)

TonyPh12345 wrote:

Yeah, and it’s not component at that…  It’s component converted to composite, then split to S-Video, instead of just using composite out to composite in to begin with, and then calling it a “Bad picture.”  Gee!  :)

I’m not sure its a straight s-video socket as it has more pins than s-video. However I cannot understand why straight composite did not work with this projector. The WDTV gives out composite and the projector has a composite input. As long as the projector is told (via the menu) that it is either PAL or NTSC then the WDTV should be able to drive it.

I was asked to report back, that is all I did. I’d love to use the WD, my first choice, didn’t work moving on to what does. Cheers.

Okay, got it.  Glad you found something that works for you.