Problem copying files

Have the My Cloud 3 TB model. I am able to cut and paste a directory from one Windows Explorer Window to the one showing the My Cloud drive. When I try to copy multiple directories, nothing happens. Any ideas?

It looks like it does not copy when the number of files and/or the size of the directory exceeds a certain limit ( in the thousand files range and more than a 100 GB ). I was able to copy 2 small directories without any problems but a large directory (1051 folders, 15627 files and 234 GB) would not copy.

A quick fix I am using is to run a synchronization software to copy the required files to the My Cloud drive.

I would consider this a bug.

Tchouk wrote:
I would consider this a bug.

… a bug in what?   Windows?

Windows does not have this problem copying that volume of files from one external drive to another (USB drives)
If its not a bug, it could be a configuration issue

Hey boss what sync software are you using and does it kill your bandwith right now i have my old tb connected to my cloud and im trying to transfer it via iusb but it is killing my bandwith and its taking 2-3 hours to download 10 gig increments 

Am using SyncBackPro from 2BrightSparks…Love it!

guys i have found another workaround for usb connected devices:

1. install the wd desktop software
  2. in the software go to the directory you want to copy and on the right hand side  click the dropdown and select copy wd software copy.PNG
  3. Then go to teh dirctory you want store the files in and click on the dropwon and select paste  wd software paste

if you follow these steps it still take some time (icopied 330 GB in 10 hours) but it will not kill your bandwidth and no computer has to be on since im working internally from within the device ,My theory is that if you you use windows explorer your forcing the device to copy over the network and that will always kill your network  if you trying to  download gb worth of data

i have also had problems copying over a large folder

i tried to copy a 60GB folder using the desktop app and the app never caught up (spinning wheel, white out window)

i could see that files were getting copied however

i let it sit overnight to see if it would complete

desktop app copy window finally caught up, but still had files to copy (over 10K).  I was suprised that the folder didnt complete overnight

francispuzon wrote:

i tried to copy a 60GB folder using the desktop app

… the OP isn’t using the desktop app or cloud connection. 

can someone write a little script to copy data from and to a my cloud drive to copy data from  an attatched usb3 drive

copying almost 3TB is far more faster from usb3  than copying over network or windows.

Noone135 wrote:

can someone write a little script to copy data from and to a my cloud drive to copy data from  an attatched usb3 drive

copying almost 3TB is far more faster from usb3  than copying over network or windows.

Hello,

If you do the copy through the My Cloud Desktop App, this will be much faster.

Thanks,

Brandon