Problem copying files to Easystore 8TB

I just hooked up an Easystore 8TB to my computer last night. Computer is ancient – running Windows 7. I tried to copy a bunch of files to the Easystore and the copying stopped with an error message about filenames being too long. I clicked on the option to skip those files, saw a message saying it required admin permissions.

I really don’t know much, if anything, about permissions. I’ve had this computer for 10 years and as far as I know, I’m the admin. This was the first time I’ve seen a message about requiring admin permissions.

Anyway, I’m not a technically knowledgeable person and would really appreciate some guidance. I need to get my files copied so I can transfer them to my new Windows 10 computer. I do have some earlier backups (images created with Macrium), but I wanted to just do individual file copying this time.

I was assuming the Easystore was formatted as NTFS (I don’t know how to check), so I can’t figure out why it would object to the long filenames. But there’s a lot I can’t figure out in general.

I do remember that when I hooked up the Easystore, I saw a mesasge about Windows not finding drivers, but since I could see the drive, I shrugged it off.

Thanks.

Hello mallomar,

You can try to check after changing the file permissions from the data files which is being copied to Easystore. You may follow the instructions from below article in this concern.

https://support.wdc.com/knowledgebase/answer.aspx?ID=17632&lang=en