Problem backing that keeps the discs in!

Hello,

I’m french so where is the forum in French? 
My problem is that the bracket that holds the discs in place do not want unlocked and the key shabby little fragile so do not even like how broken and unlocked the support!!!
so that I can change the hard drive!
The bracket is welded or what?

cordially

Did you buy the diskless model?

not
I bought the model with disc 2X2To.

Oh, ok. I am not sure for the ones that came with discs, if they are physically identical to the diskless model (they may be). I thought you couldn’t and weren’t supposed to change the discs out for the ones with discs. I have the diskless model and had no trouble putting in one drive (only put one so far) and taking it out as well. Not sure if the bracket for the diskless model is identical to yours…I suspect it might not be.

If you have a problem with one of the drives, I think they come with warranty and can be sent back to WD. But if you were trying to do an upgrade, I am not sure if they were designed to be upgradable. I could be wrong.

Those supplied with disks are most likely the same as the diskless.  Both are meant to allow you to replace the disks due to failure or to upgrade as required.  I have the 8tb model running in raid 1, first thing I did when it came in was open it up to see how it went together.

Aah, okay. Thanks for that info, Vertech1.

francky56 wrote:

not
I bought the model with disc 2X2To.

Maybe you should try contacting WD’s Technical Support about this. You can do so either by phone or email.

To Contact WD for Technical Support:
http://support.wdc.com/contact/index.asp?lang=en

ok 

English not cool!

Geez.  You can click the language option at the top, or…

http://support.wdc.com/contact/index.asp?lang=fr

yes it is just the gate you can see in french and when I click “email support” and it turns only in English!

So it’s still in English

Uh. this ain’t English…  looks French to me…

click “Continue” and it goes in English for leftovers