Problem Accessing shared folders

Hi,

I have set up a number of users for the my cloud 2tb (namely my kids) and i have their folders not set to public for which i have full access to all of them but when i try to go into them it ask’s me for username and password but will not let me in.

Should i be using me email address and password or the username i have set up on my settings?

I have tried both and one says access denide and the other comes up with a box saying 

[Window Title]
Open Folder

[Content]
\WDMYCLOUD\**** (i have deleted title) is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource. Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions.

Multiple connections to a server or shared resource by the same user, using more than one username, are not allowed. Disconnect all previous connections to the server or shared resource and try again.

[OK]

I am doing something wrong here?

Regards

Comefollowme

With Windows, you can use only set of user credentials to access a remote computer. If you are logged in as Pete, and you access the NAS with the credentials NASPete and NASPassword, you cannot then access any share on the NAS with any other credential.

If you ahve accessed the Public share (you don’t need a user to access it) then you have already used a set of credentials (“guest”).

Once you know this, remember to associate each Windows user with one set of credentials on the NAS.

To fix your current situation:

• launch a command prompt, and type net use * /delete. This will disconnect from the NAS entirely,

• make sure you don’t have any software accessing the NAS (backup software, sync software, or other)

• go to the Windows credentials manager, unser the user accounts and familyt safety control panel

• delete any stored credentials for your NAS.

• reboot

• log back with your preferred Windows account.

• map your favorite shares as network drives and specify your set of credentials, select to log in automatically when you log in Windows.

If you want to test your Kids account, use another Windows account.