Problem Accessing a particular folder

I have various folders setup on my WDMirror, i.e. Documents,Photo’s,Videos’s etc.

I am having issues trying to connect to my photo’s folder via my iphone or ipad, I get the following error

No Network

The internet is unavailable

Please try again later.

The thing is

I can connect to all other folders on My Cloud just  fine, whether on my iphone or ipad

and I can connect to my photo’s folder when on my macbook, through the mapped drive.

It just seems to be the Photo’s Folder I am having issue with.

Even if i try when I am stood close to my My Cloud Mirror Drive, I get the same error.

Any Advice would be appriciated

Regards

Mick

Forgot to mention

Also I am able to view the contents of the Photo’s Folder, if I use the WD Photo app on my iphone

Hi,

Have you check the settings for that specific folder through the dashboard?

If you are the admin of the device, you will be able to see if you have set the permittions correctly for that folder.

i have a similar problem. i’ve monkeyed with all the share settings in the dashboard. the odd thing is, i can access all files over the network through the desktop mycloud app, but it just refuses to work through the iphone app, on network or off. and i keep getting that same error: No Network. The Internet is unavailable. Please try again later.

note: this is occuring with a specific personal folder that i added. the Public folder seems to be working fine (with the handful of files i’ve test out in there).

Curious if you found a solution. Having the same issue.

I have exactly the same problem. Just one out of 5 Shares will not open on the iPad or iPhone. Crazy!

Hi all!

I had the same problem,… but finally I found the solution after finishing crazy to the point of reinstalling the “My Cloud” app on my iPad.

SOLUTION

In the affected folder, there must be one or several files so that “My Cloud” application is unable to interpret, and therefore throws the message,

"No Network.

The internet is unavailable.

Please try again later."

You must simply identify these files, delete them and problem solved! In my case, it was an ICO file type.

Good luck identifying the “**bleep** file”.
:wink:

1 Like

Is there a list of file types that MyCloud application is unable to interpret?

I’ve now found other folders in other shares which give the same message.

If you are a Mac user, and copy files using the Finder or an application like ChronoSync, sometimes you’ll get a normally invisible file called “Icon?” in the destination folder. This causes the error message in question. If you can use the Terminal and unix, you can delete it.

I recently ran into the problem where the MyCloud.app for iOS was giving me the ‘No network’ error when attempting to list Music. After careful deletion and addition of files in the Public/Shared Music folder I found that the problem was not with the filename extension (it was .mp3) but rather with the MP3 metadata. In my case there was a newline in the album’s name and that caused the problem. I went into iTunes on my Mac and fixed the album name of the offending files and re-uploaded them and got no errors.

I had the same issue. I copied all of the contents of the folder I couldn’t access to another folder that I could access on the drive. I think deleted all of the contents of the troubled folder. After recopying the files back into the troubled folder, I was able to access it again.