Probelm Using the device

I have just bought My Passport Essential 500GB yesterday. Then I hooked into my laptop. It started all well and beging to work right for a while. All i want to do is to copy my d: forlders into WD device. So by mistake I have uninstlled the WD default program. Now the WD drive show up but it is locked and i can’t use it. I don’t know what to do. please help me.

kristtee

Whenever you connect your password-protected drive to a computer that does not have the WD SmartWare software installed, you can still access the virtual CD partition on your drive, and install the WD SmartWare software as usual. You will not be able to access the data portion of your drive.

To unlock the drive without the WD SmartWare software installed:

1. Start the WD SmartWare Drive Unlock utility by either: • Using your computer’s file management utility to open the WD SmartWare virtual CD and double-clicking the Unlock.exe file • Clicking Start > My Computer and double-clicking the WD SmartWare icon under Devices with Removable Storage

2. Type your password in the Password box. If you provided a password hint when you created your password, click the Password hint pointer to see the hint.

3. Click Unlock to unlock your drive. If you click Exit, you will not be able to access the files on your drive.

4. At the Your drive is now unlocked prompt, click Exit to close the WD SmartWare Drive Unlock utility screen.

:wink: