Probably easily answered!

hi Pearl,

I’m in the UK so Netflix doesnt appear to be available! If there was some way of modifying it to be able to access any website then that would ofcourse solve the problem.

I will try different drives in it and let you know how I get on

Thanks again

glasmale26 wrote:

hi Pearl,

I’m in the UK so Netflix doesnt appear to be available! If there was some way of modifying it to be able to access any website then that would ofcourse solve the problem.

Exactly why it doesn’t work as you hoped.

Ok, so I have plugged my hard drive into the two different usb slots and also plugged in my ipods but getting nothing!

Trying a device reset now 

Is there a WD customer service email address I could write to them and maybe they will replace the unit.

Well, the iPods won’t work with the Hub at all. I think it is also correct that hard drives must be formatted to FAT 32, though someone might correct me on this. The Hub should work on a Mac network, because that’s what I have here. It does sound possible that you need an RMA. Go to WD’s home page and look for customer service there.

http://support.wdc.com/warranty/index.asp?wdc_lang=en

The AppleTV won’t do as much as the Hub can out of the box. You would need to j**lbr**k it. I can’t speculate as to whether or not it will do what you would like it to do with iOS.

The WD supports NTFS / FAT32 / and Unjournaled HFS+/

It’s quite possible your WD just doesn’t recognize the drive.   What brand / model is it?

Its a buffalo ministation 320gb drive.

I reformatted the drive and hey presto the hub found it! It has however deleted all the files from the drive so I need to now copy them from my ipods back onto the drive and hopefully that will work…

My drives ar NTFS and all work with the hub, even my 3tb Hitachi.