Private Shares problem

I am having real problems with creating a private share. I want to be able to connect 2 computers (a vista laptop and a win7 PC) to the same private share by loggin on with the same user account.

The error message I get is :

Multiple connection to a server or shared resource by the same user, using more than one user name, are not allowed. Disconnect all previous connections to the server or shared resource and try again.

I have cleared user accounts and rebooted but no luck both computers can no longer connect to the shared private connection.

Public drives are fine.

hi manofkent

I’m having the exact same problem that you have, so maybe we need to specify things:

I got a My Book World Edition I (1 TB) and 4 PCs all in all, 2 laptop (which is the problem) and 2 desktops.

One desktop is running windows7 x86 and the other is windows7 x64. They both can access just fine.

My old laptop is also runnning windows 7 x84, and can access every folder just fine.

The problem is my new laptop (a HP Dm3) which runs windows 7x64. It can access the public folders but not the private. I get the exact same error message…

So I’m not sure if the problem is x86 vs x64 or not…

The only thing I can think of, is that windows on my laptop is danish, and the others are english, but I don’t see why that should be a problem…

Would be nice if someone could help, cause I’d really like to keep them private…

/Chris