Previous firmware (<v4) + Help about errors while changing settings

Hello!

I see, I am not the only one to have a hellish time to fight against backups that do not work and fail e-v-e-r-y  s-i-n-g-l-e time.

I also have an auto update/backup every nights at 2am and what a surprise to see every morning that my back up failed for xyz raison.

The problem is coming since the v4 was installed on the WDMyCloud… I went on the Internet to try to find the previous version but it looks like WD doesn’t keep any previous firmware file, so I download the v4 again and installed it manually.   This made ONE back up ok! (and I am glad because I had formatted my hard drive because I thought this was the problem -  leaving me with ONE version of my files and pictures).

I also experiment a very painful and slow UI

I really wish someone has the previous v3 version somewhere or if WD could provide a webpage with the history of all upgrades!

Thank you! :smiley:

(I see people get answer faster here than by email.   I’m trying again with the reset button from the back of the device since it was giving mutliple connection error messages for every settings I was modifying)

I provide no guaranties but this appears to be what you want.

http://drivers.softpedia.com/get/HDD-SSD-NAS-USB-Flash/Western-Digital/WD-My-Cloud-Personal-Cloud-Storage-Firmware-030301156.shtml

Posted by,
cat0w (USA)

Thanks (1) for the link and (2) for the website, which will be usefull for more than just this issue!

Kinda bad that WD cannot provide this type of page by itself.

I reseted the devide with the paper clip (from the back of the device)… Now I can’t reach the UI page… I don’t know what to do.

ok… I can’t do anything!  Everytime I try to touch a setting, it gives me an error.

I do not know what to do! I shouldnt have reseted,  now, it even worst…

Unable to retrieve data. Make sure there are no network connectivity issues and try again. (200005)
Unknown error. Retry your last operation. If the error persists, contact WD Support for assistance. (200000)
alert_emails_form_error
alert_test_email_form_error
alert_emails_form_error
settings_device_led_form_error