Presales Question: Nightly incremental backups from a Home Duo to a My Cloud Mirror

Hi all,

So I’m thinking of bolstering our data by adding in a new 8TB NAS to the local home network currently served by a 4TB NAS. I’ve not had my hands on a Home Duo yet, however am I right in thinking that it works within the same My Cloud OS ecosystem, whereby I can set a Backups > Remote Backup task to do nightlies from a Home Duo to a secondary Gen 1 My Cloud Mirror?

Your advice and/or alternative suggestions are welcomed in advance.

t.

• Carl

No, the my cloud home is a completely different platform and you cannot set up a backup schedule for the my cloud home.

For the functionality you are looking for you would need an EX pr PR series My Cloud.

Thanks for the reply @drlucky - our current My Cloud Mirror has been good for the duration of its service, and in spite of me being a very anti-ecosystem kind of guy this sounds like a reasonable case for staying within one. I’ll have a look into the EX and PR units to see if they would satisfy the criteria of our primary NAS that the My Cloud Mirror has been serving.

Cheers!