Pr4100 Randomly stops responding (but can ping it)

I routinely have an issue where my pr4100 recently has started not responding during use. I give it time, and check network tools and can ping it, but I cannot access the dashboard. Pressing the power button on the front does not force it to start to shut down.

It has a static IP and I do not have any of the cloud external access features enabled.

What can I do to narrow down a cause? (And yes, it’s on the latest firmware and logging is enabled – but not sure what to look for).

I only have Plex installed and it has 8tb x 4 drives installed and an upgraded system fan (noctua) as the old one failed.

Ideas? It occasionally also gives me an overheating warning, which I’m not sure why as I don’t do anything excessive with this unit and the warnings seem to be not based on my usage.

Also, when this happens I have no option but to disconnect the power and restart it. I notice no excessive CPU usage from the fan speed, and the front LCD with info stops being able to be scrolled through. It just locks up…

Hi @1337GameDev,

Have you opened a Support Case? If not opened, for more information, please contact the WD Technical Support team for the best assistance and troubleshooting:
https://support-en.wd.com/app/ask