PR4100, OS5, and Twonky DLNA Server

Apparently, it is. Originally, there was a reply to this topic that had a link to the procedure; but it was deleted for an unknown reason and the admin has yet to reply to my query about it. If you search the forum, you will probably find the link. I believe, but not 100% sure, that it was Pellentesque Pretium. However, it states that the procedure only applies to PR4100 and PR2100.

I have found (for me) that not making a lot of changes, which I frequently do, makes the server [reasonably] stable and eliminates the need for me to restart as often. Yeah, I know what you’re thinking, “What good is a NAS w/o changing its content?” But I have found in the last week that if I leave it alone, it does not require restarting. Not a feasible workaround; but there it is. I still have the two song limit on the music, for which there is no workaround.

I am hanging on to hope that a new firmware release will either revert this Twonky version, or fix its plethora of bugs. There have been two firmware releases w/in the past few weeks. Maybe the next will fix my issues. It is obvious to me that very little, if any, testing was done for version 8.5.1-2 on OS5.

It has been either suggested or implied in this thread to rollback my firmware version or revert to the 7.2.9 Twonky. I see only very broad instructions detailing how to do such and nothing that describes the implications of doing so. What I have seen is innumerable warnings about voiding my warranty by doing so. I am not a Linux super-user and I am worried about bricking my device.

I will update this thread if I find a solution to my issues that doesn’t involve returning the device (it is was purchased < 3 months ago for the sole function of acting as a DLNA server and it isn’t working).