PR4100 New Drives, Drives Not Sleeping

I’ve had my PR4100 for a long time now. Back when I had 4 x 4 TB Drive Sleep worked as intended. It was great. I swapped out the 4 x 4 for 4 x 10. WD Red Plus drives. I also turned on 802.3ad bonding for the first time. The drives are no longer sleeping, which is concerning because I want to save not just power, but ensure the longevity of these large drives. Nothing else has changed on the NAS. Besides being stuck on OS5, but the drives still slept on OS5 when it was 4 x 4. OS5 is terrible but it’s not the issue here.

You said you didn’t change anything, but in my case Plex didn’t let my drives sleep, as soon as a moved it to another computer, boom.

I had Plex before. Plex wont stop your drives from sleeping if you restrict it’s routine tasks to an hour a day.

I wanted to follow up with this thread so the people who come across it have a resolution:

After troubleshooting for months the issue is in fact bonding. It seems any or at least most forms of link aggregation prevent the disks from sleeping - a less than ideal tradeoff.