PR4100 MyCloud keeps disconnecting after few seconds

Hi y’all

My PR4100 is acting a bit weird latst couple of days. I’ve been running the PR4100 for years without any major problems. Using it mostly for basic stuff like transmission, Plex, file server, etc.

I have the same settings for years now. Static local ip that points to 192.168.1.2 which never gave me any problems.

Last couple of days i noticed that I sometimes cant login anymore. Plex and transmission ‘sometimes’ aren’t accessible through the browser. The file server is also ‘sometimes’ not responding.

When going to 192.168.1.2 I can acces the web interface and login. Everything seems fine when i login; Plex, transmission and the file server are locally and remotely accessible. But then, after just a couple of seconds, maybe a minute or two, the web interface and all apps stop responding and aren’t accessible anymore.

When returning to 192.168.1.2 Chrome gives me the basic ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED message.
I then have to wait a couple of minutes, refresh the page a couple of times, and the cycle continues; I can login again, apps work fine for a minute, then stop working without any warning.

I didn’t change any settings. I tried to restart NAS, router etc. with no luck. Then did a system reset but that didn’t work either.

I have no idea how to fix this or where to start looking for this problem. Any hints or tips in the right direction would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Hi @WIWIWWII,

Have you opened a Support Case? If not opened, for more information, please contact the WD Technical Support team for the best assistance and troubleshooting:
https://support-en.wd.com/app/ask