PR4100 don't automatically reboot after FW upgrade - Stuck and unreachable

No it shouldn’t make a new volume will for sure

Thanks for the suggestion. Shut it down, pulled all the drives, voodoo pin into the back reboot and when it came back up it had a 168.254.xx.x IP address. I tried entering that address into a browser, but no surprise it came back with nothing. Another Voodoo pin to the back reboot and when it powered up, it had the proper IP address, powered it off, reinserted all the drives and waited. It took about 15 minutes, and it deleted all user/ admin passwords, but shares/folders are intact. Other than that, it’s up and running.
Since the 3 days are up WD will of course just close my ticket without ever even acknowledging it beyond the auto-reply.
Thanks for the help/suggestion.

I had to call them when i had problems i just smashed 0 until i got some.one then asked for tier 3 tech support! It works most of the time 0 is normally operator or switch board… i tried replying to the email but it bounced back as undeliverable… hopefully you get this one.

I am at the same spot. How did you gain access back to your files?

@mikedelo
I powered off, pulled out all the drives, used Voodoo pin to reset it, let it reboot & IP address was wrong. Did another Voodoo pin reset & when it rebooted again it was back online and had the right IP address. Turned it back off reinstalled all the HDDs and except for admin PW being removed everything was back to normal with no files ( that I have noticed) or shares missing. Reset the admin PW and ordered a Seagate
from Staples before this happens a 3rd time.

Thanks all. I have everything up and running. I also turned off the automatic firmware updates and will be creating biweekly cold storage backups.

My NAS did text me today, thought I would share.

yes i have the same issue with this unit. not only does it hang in rebooting mode, but if you try and schedule power off at night, it gets hung as well and when it boots up the Ethernet gets a 169 on the first octet, so you must pull the Ethernet plug out wait a few seconds, the plug it back in to get a 192 on the first octet, then it works. WD has firmware issues which are not being address yet, they better if they want to keep me as a customer.