PR4100 cloud access issues post 5.05.111 upgrade

1. Cloud access is disabled (was working earlier). Trying to sign-in or create a new account for admin gives this error - “Something went wrong, please check that you have an active Internet connection and try again”. Shows internet access in network profile.
  2. “Firmware update failed due to insufficient storage space.” - understand device is on latest firmware but drive1 has 3.93tb free space as shown in dashboard, it’s weird but not an immediate issue.

Cloud access is a highly disruptive issue preventing me from using iOS devices even on LAN. I’ve already done a full reset and removed all but 1 drive till this issue is resolved. Appreciate any help if someone has faced these issues before. Happy to share system logs if that helps.

1 Like

Solved after some trial and error, may help someone. As another user pointed out in another thread, it had something to do with bay1 drive being encrypted. Decrypting the same solved both issues and encrypting again didn’t cause them to return. Hope I don’t have to do this post every firmware update.

My issues are the same as topic listed above. Please WD support help or any else got solution for OS5 upgrade problems?

1. Cloud access is disabled (was working earlier) - “Something went wrong, please check that you have an active Internet connection and try again”
  2. “Firmware update failed due to insufficient storage space.” - free space more than 2 T

Encrypting and Decrypting doesn’t help!

1 Like

@vilcinjs @mirge101 Can I get the System Logs and private message it to me.

Sent, my issue was resolved but hopefully these logs help you recreate and prevent similar issues going forward.

Hi, I had the same problem, the problem is that the hard disc is mounted in different logic slot. you need mount your hard disc in Volume 1. That is the reason when you try to Upload FW automatic said that you don’t have enough space, is looking for Volume 1 and for register your Device said something went wrong.
Regards.

How do we switch to volume 1? Mine says I have mine set as volume_2 and I have no clue how to change this and not being able to sign in online is really annoying.

1 Like

I am also having very similar issues trying to connect to my EX2 Ultra. Is it possible to have tech support look at my system logs?

I am having the same issue with my PR4100 - no internet/ cloud access and firmware update is being blocked and returns “Firmware update failed due to insufficient storage space”.

Which “hard disc” exactly are you referring to @Pepe? (am on macOS)

Thanks a ton!
Patrick

How was it resolved? Maybe that will help others with a similar problem like myself :slightly_smiling_face:

thank you!