PR4100 Backup, OS 3 to OS 5 - Connection Refused

I have 2 PR4100’s, an older, OS3, 40TB RAID 5 and a newer, OS5, 72TB RAID 5. I’m trying to backup the 40TB to the 72TB before I upgrade the 40TB unit to OS5… I keep getting “Remote Backup cannot proceed due to a refused connection.” message. I worked through the passwords etc. These are on the same switch and use Static IPs. Now I"m down to this, hopefully, one last stumbling point.
I have verified that I can write files to the new 72TB using a windows 10 Client, but I would hate to think of how long a windows copy would take - 29TB of data.
I’m taking the advise to Backup Data before updating the OS 3 → OS 5… And now I’m past the Jan 15, 2022 date… I did download the binary files last week.
Any pointers would be appreciated.

Hi @dashley,

Customers with My Cloud OS 5-compatible devices

On January 15, 2022 , devices that are compatible with My Cloud OS 5 will no longer support prior generations of My Cloud OS, including My Cloud OS 3. If your device is compatible, upgrade to My Cloud OS 5 now to continue to access it remotely.

My Cloud OS 5 contains critical security updates, and support for it is guaranteed through 2026. If you don’t upgrade your device, you’ll only be able to access it locally. After January 15, 2022 , remote access, security updates, and technical support will no longer be provided.

IMPORTANT KBA: