PR4100 12TB with Milestone Arcus Surveillance OR NOT!

Hello,

I bought a PR4100 12TB for surveilance.
It says on WD website at the time that i bought - is included unlimited license of arcus milestone surveillance.

Unlimited Milestone Arcus camera licenses

So, lots of emails exchanged and lots of time passed to the suppoort i can’t put more than 3 cameras on the device.
I am very disapointed with WD, the support is the worst support i ever had.
They don’t read the emails, only shot a random answer that i already explain that doens’t work one or more times.

I have wd pr4100 firmware 2.30.165
I have arcus app version 2.5/325084

It shows: You already activate 3 of 3 camera licenses permited by the terms of your license.

When i click goes to this link http://www.wdc.com/wdstore?id=milestone&sid=WUBP27360440

That is redirected to http://shop.wdc.com/store/wdus/html/pbPage.MilestoneSoftware_OldVersionPage/ThemeID.40263900?id=milestone&sid=WUBP27360440

That shows: If you clicked on this link, you are using an older version of Milestone Arcus. In order to get your free camera license please go to your WD NAS dashboard to the apps section and download the latest version.

So… WD is wrong here… I bought the device because it says unlimited arcus serveilance camera license and only have 3 … then i have the latest version of firmware and aplication and show me that.

I need solution… I bought the better product, the professional one, and the result is that.

Very poor product, very poor app, very poor support, and client care.

I am having the same issue on my PR2100.

I got 7 of the free licenses before 6/30/17 when that offer expired (according to their website), however, I’d like to buy another license and I can’t.

It is pretty frustrating. My ReadyNAS will let me buy licenses for Arcus so why won’t my PR2100?!?!

1 Like

When i bought i dont read that the offer had a deadline.
I only remember reading that have unlimited free camera licenses. And i bought only beacause of that.
So, this is appening to all wd professional products ? Since June ? And nobody make anything to correct it ?
Do you already sent some emails to support ?

It was on the main product page of their website for this NAS series in the description about Arcus so I knew about it before I bought mine.

I don’t have more cameras to hook up right now so I haven’t e-mailed anyone yet. I figured I would when I bought another camera but I don’t know when that will be exactly.

Hello,

After 2 months of emails and phone calls no success.

I can say that:

Portuguese company in portugal where i bought the first wd pr4100 16TB can’t sell more arcus milestone licenses.

WD can’t sell more camera licences too, their link on arcus app doesn’t work.

Arcus milestone resselers in portugal can’t sell camera licenses to me. some emails exchanged.

Arcus milestone distributors in portugal can’t sell camera licenses.

Even the company itself (ARCUS MILESTONE SURVEILANCE) can not sell !!!

Hello,

We partner with a couple different companies who provide a solution for Arcus. I.E. IQEye, Razberi, Lenovo. Depending on which solution you purchased you will need to purchase additional licensing through them.

Regards,

Christina Hampson
Manager, Partner Service and Sales Support

cnh@milestone.us

Phone:
+1 503 350 1155

Mobile:
+1 503 430 4456

www.milestonesys.com

Soooo, if you are wondering to buy WD NAS professional version PR4100 to do some surveilance DONT !!!
It is impossible to do surveilance with WD NAS.
The company arcus milestone surveilance doesn’t give a ■■■■ to WD or to wd products or arcus-wd agreament.

Best regards,
Luís Tavares

Hello,

I can say that:

Portuguese company in portugal where i bought the first wd pr4100 16TB can’t sell more arcus milestone licenses.

Arcus milestone resselers in portugal can’t sell camera licenses to me. some emails exchanged.

Hello,

We partner with a couple different companies who provide a solution for Arcus. I.E. IQEye, Razberi, Lenovo. Depending on which solution you purchased you will need to purchase additional licensing through them.
Regards,
Christina Hampson
cnh@milestone.us
Phone:
+1 503 350 1155
Mobile:
+1 503 430 4456
www.milestonesys.com

Soooo, if you are wondering to buy WD NAS professional version PR4100 to do some surveilance DONT !!!
The company arcus milestone surveilance doesn’t give a ■■■■ to WD or to wd products or arcus-wd agreament.

Best regards,
Luís Tavares

Hello,

I can say that:

Hello,

Regards,

Christina Hampson

cnh milestone

Phone:
+1 503 350 1155
Mobile:
+1 503 430 4456

Best regards,
Luís Tavares

I was in the same boat as you Luís.

I actually got a number for a direct contact at WD who when I mentioned my name said that he’d seen e-mails floating around about it. WD support said it was going to be fixed in 5-6 business days 4 weeks ago.

Milestone said they couldn’t do anything and the guy at WD said their contract with Milestone wasn’t renewed back in June but they were working onit.

I said screw it, gave my PR2100 to my brother, and build a PC for use with Blue Iris. I am no longer a proponent of WD in any way and will probably never buy another product of theirs again.

It’s okay though as Blue Iris is leaps and bounds better than Arcus and I am not at the mercy of WD for my notifications or support since WD doesn’t support products that they make/sell/promote it appears anyway.

I am also steering everyone that I can away from WD products after this experience.

2 Likes

Hello,
Thank you for your reply. Some days i think that i am the only one with this problem !!
I can’t understand this.
Even now, today, wd show in the product page

My Cloud and Milestone Arcus deliver the perfect solution for 24-hour surveillance systems.

And they can’t sell licenses, arcus either.
This is armed robbery.

I will publish on facebook and check blue iris solution.

Honestly, this is one of those rare occasions where if I had the money I’d like to sue them for false advertising.

I hate lawsuits and lawyers in general but this whole situation is BS!

I have had the same problem. I purchased a PR4100 in October, 2017. One of the main reasons I got the PR4100 was because I could get The Milestone Arcus software it. I have tried multiple times to upgrade, buy a full license, or anything else to get it to work once the 2 month “trial” license expired. Nothing works. You can’[t buy it from Milestone, and you can’t get it from WD.

The license was advertised as free with the purchase of the PR4100. NOT!

If I had known this, I would never have bought the product.

WD - PLEASE FIX THIS PROBLEM!!!

1 Like

Welcome to the club.
I perfectly understand your flushing and revolt.
It is sad to see something advertised, buy it although it is not cheap, and in reality we realize that we can do nothing.
WD and MILESTONE urgently need to address this issue.
Shame on you !!!

They aren’t going to fix it as I truly don’t think they care since they already have our money.

I threw $400 down the toilet on that NAS and it still irritates me but there is nothing I can do. At least my brother can hook up 8 cameras for free if he decides to do so some day and WD won’t see a penny of his or my money to do it.

I am up to 12 cameras now on Blue Iris and am very happy with it.

Same issue with my WD PR4100. Camera licenses are not being activated. WD says call MIlestone. Milestone say they are not aware of any relationship with WD. Dealing with WD is a total nightmare, horrendous, they just keep sending you email with the same wording on it. Now they just stopped answering my emails. Had to download Axis Companion which works quite well by the way. I will probably uninstalled Milestone soon and will never buy another WD product. Life is to short to put up with incompetence!