Pr2100 won't show files

Novice user here…My PR2100 is connected to my home network, same network as my laptop. My goal is to see the files on the NAS via file explorer. In explorer, I can see the NAS and click on it to bring up the device. Its FW is up to date and I believe it is set up to share on the network, but, Im not sure of all these settings. I also tried using the WD app which says no WD found (the learn more link is broken) - my network is set up for network discovery, so, no idea why that doesn’t work also, maybe related. Any thoughts on how to set this drive up to view via explored?

You can try mapping the drive directly. Here are a couple articles that can help:

go onto settings on the NAS -go to network and change SMB3 to SMB1 or SMB2 then restart computer .I went round in circles for hours/days and this 1 simple action fixed the issue.

1 Like

What a huge help! I’ve been messing around with this issue on and off for a year or so. I’ve read all the posts and articles and nothing worked. Your simple suggestion appears to have solved the problem for me. Many THanks!