Powering Down The Unit

Hi guys,

I’ve recently replaced my WDTV Live HD for a SMP unit. Everything works fine as it should but I just have one issue with it regarding accessing media through an external HDD.

Basically what’s happening is when I power off my unit, it doesn’t completely power off the HDD even though I’ve turned off the NAS function. After a buit of research on here, I realised that this can be fixed by holding down the power button for 5 secs to do a proper shutdown. This seems to have fixed the problem.

My qwuestion to you now is, how can I enable the SMP to properly shut down by pressing the power button without having to hold it down each time like my previous one?

you can’t, unfortunatly for people who don’t want a standby mode there’s nothing you can do.

That **bleep**!! Installed the latest firmware but still the same problem.

Basically it hangs at the loading screen on any media played through my external HDD.

The only solution I have is to hold down the power button for 5-6 secs to do a proper power down and then turn it back on again but since buying and using my Logitech Harmony remote, I can no longer do that.

Only other way I’ve found is to switch it on as normal, go to Setup, About and select Device Restart option which will reboot the unit properly. This is more of a work around.

When will this be fixed??

you can do it with a Harmony remote, I know cause im using a 550.

you need to tell the remote to decrease button speed, then the power will be able to fully power it down.

What about the loading of media?

Ripcord83 wrote:

you can do it with a Harmony remote, I know cause im using a 550.

you need to tell the remote to decrease button speed, then the power will be able to fully power it down.

I’m using a Harmony One but haven’t been able to get this settingright yet. Can you please post yor delay settings for the WDTV Live SMP?