Power Supply for My Cloud EX4

Hi,

Can anyone help me find a 2nd power supply adapter for the My Cloud EX4 system?  I have been all over the web and WD.com but I can’t find a match.  I found an adapter/product matrix chart, but the listing under EX4.
Under Original (Shipping) Adapter Type, it list the specs as:
19 Volts
4.74 Amps
90 Watts

In the next column,  Currently Shipping Compatible Adapter , it is listed as N/A.  One of the main reasons I purchased the EX4 is for redundancy.  Does anyone know what the part number is, who to contact or where to go to get information?  I am pulling my hair out on this one.

Thanks,
Brian

Hi there and welcome to the WD community.

On this case i suggest contacting support so they can help you out on this matter and give you the correct information:

http://support.wdc.com/country/index.asp?lang=en%22

http://store.westerndigital.com/store/wdus/en_US/DisplayAccesoryProductDetailsPage/ThemeID.21986300/productID.295337000/150W_Power_Adapter

Hi,

I had the same issue. I simply bought this universal Laptop Power supply on Ebay Insignia NS-PWLC591

Works like a charm. I was able to fail over power supplies without an issue…

Same specs as recommended by WD .
19V / 4.74 A / 90W

Hope this helps.

Berl1ner

Hey @Berl1ner,

Thanks for the info. I ordered that adapter as you recommended but none of the included adapters fit my MyCloud EX4 device. Do you have the same device? If so, what tip do you use for the adapter?

I do have another power adapter that has a tip that fits the EX4 (though I can’t use this one since it doesn’t supply sufficient power). Its tip dimensions are 5.5*2.5mm, but I’m not sure which of the Insignia tips fits it. Maybe MT41? But that’s just based on some googling and not sure if I got it right.

Thanks for your help!

I can confirm that the NS-PWLC591 adapter with the MT41 tip works well to power the MyCloud EX4. But any universal laptop adapter with the same power specs (19V / 4.74 A / 90W) and a 5.5 * 2.5mm adapter should also work as far as I can tell.

Hope that helps someone!