Power supply failure message Event Code 1022

Continuing the discussion from Power Supply Error Message:

Here’s my situation with an identical solid Red power LED now showing up, date that it started showing up unknown.

(Note: I’m observing all this behavior on a Win 7 Pro desktop using Win Explorer Network Device and Folder views and logging into the EX2 using Google Chrome ver. 46.0.2490.86 m

-My system log only goes back as far as Oct 27, 2015 when it reports that “System has rebooted from a Power Supply Failure”
-My last firmware update was also on Oct 27 to ver. 2.10.310, Question: does the system log get cleared and purged after a firmware update? I suspect so as this unit has been running for a couple of years and they must have been Warnings, Alerts and possibly Criticals before Oct 27, 2015
-My EX2 FW is currently 2.10.310 (through auto-update I guess)
-Upon a power reset (power down-power up via pulling power jack from unit), after the power led stops flashing blue it turns solid RED.
-Little bell alerts icon at the top of the web control panel reports a Warning - Power Supply Failure. Clicking right arrow for more details give me:

Power Supply Failure
Power supply failed. Check power supply.
Sunday, 2015 November 22, 10:26:06 AM
Code:1022

-I CAN still access the shares in Win 7 and the files seem to be intact.
-I CAN log into the device web page through Chrome but the web page ‘skin’ of the interface is white, not the usual black background it was from day one of the unit. Question: Is this the new appearance of FW 2.10.310 or is this related to the power supply message?
-The main web page (control panel) for the unit reports, under the Device section: Diagnostics -Healthy and the right arrow clicking for more details it reports that all the parameters are ‘normal’
-On the main control panel Under Storage -Disk Status, the two drives in the unit are reporting a Disk Status of ‘Good’.
-I Tried swapping the power wart out to another 12V WD wart from another WD external drive and got the same results as above.

Reading further on this forum I see that the Power Supply Failure message is (or can be?) thrown from the units internal power supply components but also a lot of report and confusion with regards to suspicious Power Supply Failure messages after recent Firmware updates. Unfortunately I’m not sure when my unit started showing a steady Red power LED because as I mentioned my log history only goes back to the most recent FW update, Oct 27, 2015.

Does this mean that some part of the internal power supply is now defective or ??

This unit is out of warranty so wonder what my options are now?
jDoes anyone know what does WD charges for a controller board repairs/swap-outs on the EX2?

Hello,

As a recommendation, contact WD Support for direct assistance.

WD contact info: