Power Schedule

I was wondering if setting a power schedule was worth it or not? Is leaving the device running for days if not weeks at a time harmful to it? I would probably only be able to have it set to go off at around 1-2am on weekdays 3-4 weekends and turn back on at 6:30-7:00am. With such a short window for down time it seems almost pointless since more than likely it would be in sleep mode.

I was just curious what everyone else thought, or how you had your ex4 set up

I set it up for a week b/c i was having connectivity issues.  Without a static IP set i do not reccomend this setting.  When it comes back it generally grabs a new IP, which makes it harder to access.

Now that i’ve fixed my connectivity i just have 1 hour 2 nights a week.  I did this less to save power and more to give it a reset on things.

Yeah I am gonna set it up to do something similar more for the relief than the power saving. I had a long call with dw support the other day regarding another issue and the gentlemen set it up so that when the device comes online it would only be assigned a specific IP address which should solve any issues with reconnecting to it the next day.