Power schedule problems

I set the power schedule to turn my Ex2 off when I won’t need it.  It shuts down at the programmed time but doesn’t come back on at the scheduled start time.  is that right? Do you have to manually go and turn it on when you want it on again or have I done something wrong?  I thought it would re-boot itself back on at the allotted time. Thanks

Can you show us a printscreen with your power off scheduler settings ?

Thanks

I can’t see your pic yet (needs mod approval before it shows up) but the behavior you described is normal. A device once it’s shut down cannot reboot itself :slight_smile: You can however setup a Wake-On-LAN mechanism for the EX2 (which supports WOL) and reboot it remotely from another computer, both inside the network and outside the network. Do a search for that in this subforum, if you are interested in that feature. The WOL can be either triggered on-demand or if on a Windows PC, you can create a scheduled task that runs the WOL script. Of course, this requires the triggering computer to be on at the scheduled time…otherwise that scheduled task won’t run.

Cybernut1 wrote:
I can’t see your pic yet (needs mod approval before it shows up) but the behavior you described is normal. A device once it’s shut down cannot reboot itself :slight_smile: You can however setup a Wake-On-LAN mechanism for the EX2 (which supports WOL) and reboot it remotely from another computer, both inside the network and outside the network. Do a search for that in this subforum, if you are interested in that feature. The WOL can be either triggered on-demand or if on a Windows PC, you can create a scheduled task that runs the WOL script. Of course, this requires the triggering computer to be on at the scheduled time…otherwise that scheduled task won’t run.

that is not true. My backup EX2 has a 2hours per week ON time and it turns on by itself at the scheduled hour. Only if i want to turn it on manually  i use the WOL.

Let’s wait and see how he did the config

according to the image, the device should turn on every day at 8am.

Is the correct time set on your device and do you still have this problem ?

Yep - i’ve got the right time set and it still doesn’t come back on. Its goes off at the right time though, just doesn’t reboot.

i think you should call support. Other then EX2 reset i have nothing.

If you decide to call them, let us know how they solved this or IF they solved it

But i can tell you for sure that the device should power itself on since mine works

I’d advise talking to WD support as well.  Mine has always powered back on without fail.  (Although I admit I havent used this function since the latest firmware came out.  I’ll test and get back with you.)

ok thanks folks

OK - Tested and reconfirmed that the power schedule functions as advertised. (Limited though it may be.)  My Ex2 shutdown at 10pm and did not come back on until 6:00am as per my settings.  I am on the latest firmware so yours should be working , if its not, contact support.

Regards.