Power Leads for External Hard Drive

I have a Western Digital Hard Drive. WDBAAU0010HBK-01

I already have the External Hard Drive Box. But I need the power lead and also the

lead that connects from the box into the computer.  Can anyone please tell me what power leads I need to buy and where I can get them?

Also, I looked up the Western Digital Hard Drive that I have online and it says the requirements are Windows 7. This new computer of mine has Windows 8. I am going to have to transfer all of my files from this computer with Windows 8 to another computer with Windows 7. Am I going to be able to do this with the Western Digital Hard Drive. WDBAAU0010HBK-01 ?

Please have patience with me because I know next to nothing about this. I used to have the entire set but had to leave to move to from England to Wales and I lost the connectors for it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you!

I get all my stuff at tigerdirect but cwd.com would have them too. do you have a small computer shop near by too they could help you

ClaudiaT wrote:

I have a Western Digital Hard Drive. WDBAAU0010HBK-01

I already have the External Hard Drive Box. But I need the power lead and also the

lead that connects from the box into the computer.  Can anyone please tell me what power leads I need to buy and where I can get them?

Also, I looked up the Western Digital Hard Drive that I have online and it says the requirements are Windows 7. This new computer of mine has Windows 8. I am going to have to transfer all of my files from this computer with Windows 8 to another computer with Windows 7. Am I going to be able to do this with the Western Digital Hard Drive. WDBAAU0010HBK-01 ?

Please have patience with me because I know next to nothing about this. I used to have the entire set but had to leave to move to from England to Wales and I lost the connectors for it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you!

I used to live in the USA but moved to Wales, do they have Tiger Direct here?

We tried taking it to the shop closeby and they didnt know anything about it and another computer shop told us to take it to a place called Maplins. I tried calling them but they were no help either.

I just got an email back from Maplins and this is what they told me:

Dear Claudia,

I have had a look for the drive model you mentioned, and a suitable power supply will be Maplin code L48BQ. The USB cable should be a standard Mini USb cable, which we sell cable L08BT.

Sp I guess this answers my question then !