Power Failure for my WD Mybook Live 2TB, please help!

Hello All,

After a massive rainfall and the worst case weather conditions i’ve ever seen to the place i live , i’m facing now a problem with my MyBook Live 2TB drive. Probably striked by a lightning i found my router, modem and WD drive not working. For the MyBook drive i tried to change the power supply and i see that the disk is working (i heard the noise of the disk rotating and sounds like starting up itself) but there is no indication on the led indicators in front and at the back (ethernet port). I really don’t know what is the next step should i do…is it to install the drive in a new case? Is it repairable through electronician? I’m really desperate, please try somebody to advise me what to do next…or provide any contact info for any place or way of repairing my drive. I live in Zambia but i travel a lot to South Africa so i can even send it there. There is a lot of data inside that i don’t want to lose…

Thanks for your time…any advise or assistance will be really appreciated…

If the data needs to be rescued, you can recover the files by connecting to a computer and running a Linux CD

this is only to be tried as a last resort but it sound like you don’t have many options