Potential problem with a WD Black 4tb

Right, so, I’ve had a problem that’s been going on for about two weeks now.

System Specs:

Windows 7 x64
AMD Phenom II X6 1045 T
MSI 990FXA-GD80V2
16gb GSkill Ripjaw DDR3 memory
4 HDDs, 1 boot 3 data. (WD WD6401AALS 640gb, WD WD4003FZEX 4tb Black, Seagate ST2000DM001 2tb, and Seagate ST32000644NS 2tb)
EVGA nVidia 970 SSC
Raidmax 850W power supply

On Christmas Eve I had a brief power outage that knocked the computer off. After is when the problem came about. After 30 min to a few hours my system will start to lag more and more until explorer.exe freezes so hard that Windows offers to reboot it.So I started off by reading the Event Logs (App and System) and nothing really stood out, the usual, checked Windows Update and made sure I was fully up to date. I ran WD Lifeguard and no errors reported. Ran Seatools, same thing, no errors found. I’ve run Memtest86, two passes and no errors. I’ve reinstalled Windows (A few times to fix a problem with Windows Update, I have to install both Sp1s (18mb and 78mb, don’t ask me, even I don’t understand that), two KB updates, then update Update itself then all 144 ish updates pop up. Updated all my drivers.

Run MSI Afterburner and MSI Control Center and noted the voltages all look right and didn’t dip more than 0.01v and the video card didn’t get hotter than 45C even while gaming. Then I started in on unplugging drives. I’ve had something similar happen before but in this case the drives aren’t clicking they aren’t thrashing themselves to bits. So one by one, I unplug just the data cable (to keep the power loads the same), power up, run it a bit and if it locks up, power down, plug that data cable back in and go down to the next. When I got to the 4tb I was able to run the system for a couple of days.

So I took a data cable that was still in the package and plugged the 4tb back in. 5 hours later the explorer.exe froze again to the point I had to restart the system. So it seems like the 4tb is the cause but a few things aren’t adding up. Like while I was working on the Update problem I never had any explorer.exe lock ups, wasn’t until I was done with updating and getting the drivers installed. Can’t be a driver since all the drivers were downloaded from the manufacture’s websites so they’re all up to date and minty fresh, updating a few, like the video card had a few updates I hadn’t installed and I’ve not touched the motherboard drivers since I installed the motherboard so those drivers pre-reinstall and post-reinstall were different.

I am at a real loss as to what is going on. Before I start firing the parts cannon and get a new 4tb hdd, is there anything else I can do to be sure? The 4tb is less than a year old, I got it Feb 2016.

Other than swapping SATA ports on your Motherboard, extensive testing has been conducted.

I’d recommend sending an E-mail to WD Support about this. You can do so in the following link:

Try to provide as many details as possible related to the issue in question and what you have tried so far in order to address it. They will contact you if they need additional information.