Possible to have backdrops for Folders?

Hi,

Currenty I have my Movies organized inside individual movie folders, Is it possible when I select a Movie Folder to have a backdrop for that Movie? I’I dont like the way I have to go inside a Folder befrore getting my Moviesheet displayed. It would be great if I could display a different moviesheet when selecting the Folder for the Movie. 

I relize I can structure my movies into Category Folders and just dump all Movies and associated .jpgs, Movie sheets etc. into this. but I like to keep things tidy :) 

I searched the posts here for an answer to this, and saw something dating back to January stating that this is not possible, is this still the case?

First poster, be kind!

Pritchard wrote:

Hi,

Currenty I have my Movies organized inside individual movie folders, Is it possible when I select a Movie Folder to have a backdrop for that Movie? I’I dont like the way I have to go inside a Folder befrore getting my Moviesheet displayed. It would be great if I could display a different moviesheet when selecting the Folder for the Movie. 

I relize I can structure my movies into Category Folders and just dump all Movies and associated .jpgs, Movie sheets etc. into this. but I like to keep things tidy :) 

I searched the posts here for an answer to this, and saw something dating back to January stating that this is not possible, is this still the case?

First poster, be kind!

As far as I know, yes it is still the case. I feel like my folders are a mess when I cant have a folder for each movie under a catagory. Ah well, maybe someday.

Thanks for the response flhthemi.

Could this work?

Name the folder movie.mkv,  create an xml sheet with movie details, create Moviesheet / Backdrop, and place in same directory as movie folder. Maybe the Hub would assume the folder is a Movie and display the Moviesheet/backdrop?

I know it kinnda defeats the purpose of having all movies in individual folders as you would have Xml files, .jpg’s in the root Movie folder, but  backdrops for Movie categorie folders would be cool?

It might, I dunno. Try it see what happens. Keep in mind that if you begin the file name with a period it will be hidden from the Hub :wink: - so you could name the phony movie file thusly “.moviename.mkv” and the hub should NOT see it. You might also have to use a real video file…if you do then you could use a short clip and then just name it what you need it to be. You could use the same clip over and over and just keep naming it what you need it to be named.