Possible cause of capacity being blank

The last two times I logged into my cloud.  The capacity had no information. What is this m0.files and where should it be located?  I looked at the log on the cloud and found the following:

Sep 16 10:38:04 LauralandHardy logger: exit standby after 15432 (since 2015-09-16 06:20:50.994418002 -0400)
Sep 16 10:38:18 LauralandHardy REST_API[2275]: 192.168.10.225 OUTPUT System\Configuration\Controller\FactoryRestore GET SUCCESS
Sep 16 10:38:18 LauralandHardy Zend\Log[27242]: 8192
Sep 16 10:38:19 LauralandHardy REST_API[27243]: 192.168.10.225 OUTPUT DlnaServer\Controller\Database GET SUCCESS
Sep 16 10:38:19 LauralandHardy REST_API[2274]: 192.168.10.225 ORION_LOG DBAccess EXECUTEQUERYWITHDB  [ERROR] Failed to get prepared statement for sql: SELECT
                                                            SUM(CASE category WHEN  ‘1’ THEN  IFNULL(size, 0) ELSE 0 END) AS video,
                                                            SUM(CASE category WHEN  ‘2’ THEN  IFNULL(size, 0) ELSE 0 END) AS music,
                                                            SUM(CASE category WHEN  ‘3’ THEN  IFNULL(size, 0) ELSE 0 END) AS photos,
                                                            SUM(CASE category WHEN  ‘4’ THEN  IFNULL(size, 0) ELSE 0 END) AS other
                                             FROM
                                                                                                   m0.Files
                                             WHERE
                                                                                                   isDeleted = 0 . Error: no such table: m0.Files
Sep 16 10:38:19 LauralandHardy REST_API[2274]: 192.168.10.225 ORION_LOG DBAccess EXECUTEQUERYWITHDB  [ERROR] Failed to get prepared statement for sql: SELECT
                                             FROM
                                                                                                   m0.Files
                                             WHERE
Sep 16 10:38:19 LauralandHardy apache2[2274]: exception ‘Exception’ with message ‘Failed to get prepared statement for sql: SELECT
                                             FROM
                                                                                                   m0.Files
                                             WHERE
                                                                                                   isDeleted = 0 . Error: no such table: m0.Files’ in /var/www/rest-api/api/Db/includes/dbaccess.inc:357
Stack trace:
#0 /var/www/rest-api/api/Storage/src/Storage/Usage/Model/StorageUsage.php(76): DBAccess->executeQueryWithDb(Object(MediaVolsPDO), ‘SELECT\n        …’)
#1 /var/www/rest-api/api/Storage/src/Storage/Usage/Controller/StorageUsage.php(91): Storage\Usage\Model\StorageUsage->calculateMediaBreakdown(Array)
#2 /var/www/rest-api/api/Core/src/Core/NasController.php(154): Storage\Usage\Controller\StorageUsage->get(Array, Array, ‘xml’, ‘2.1’)
#3 /var/www/htdocs/api/rest/index.php(20): Core\NasController->exec()
#4 {main}
Sep 16 10:38:23 LauralandHardy REST_API[2275]: 192.168.10.225 OUTPUT Alerts\Controller\Alerts GET SUCCESS
Sep 16 10:47:54 LauralandHardy Zend\Log[19566]: 8192
Sep 16 10:47:54 LauralandHardy REST_API[27242]: 192.168.10.225 OUTPUT System\Configuration\Controller\FactoryRestore GET SUCCESS
Sep 16 10:47:55 LauralandHardy REST_API[28059]: 192.168.10.225 OUTPUT DlnaServer\Controller\Database GET SUCCESS
Sep 16 10:47:57 LauralandHardy REST_API[28061]: 192.168.10.225 ORION_LOG DBAccess EXECUTEQUERYWITHDB  [ERROR] Failed to get prepared statement for sql: SELECT
                                             FROM
                                                                                                   m0.Files
                                             WHERE
Sep 16 10:47:57 LauralandHardy REST_API[28061]: 192.168.10.225 ORION_LOG DBAccess EXECUTEQUERYWITHDB  [ERROR] Failed to get prepared statement for sql: SELECT
                                             FROM
                                                                                                   m0.Files
                                             WHERE
Sep 16 10:47:57 LauralandHardy apache2[28061]: exception ‘Exception’ with message ‘Failed to get prepared statement for sql: SELECT
                                             FROM
                                                                                                   m0.Files
                                             WHERE
                                                                                                   isDeleted = 0 . Error: no such table: m0.Files’ in /var/www/rest-api/api/Db/includes/dbaccess.inc:357
Stack trace:
#0 /var/www/rest-api/api/Storage/src/Storage/Usage/Model/StorageUsage.php(76): DBAccess->executeQueryWithDb(Object(MediaVolsPDO), ‘SELECT\n        …’)
#1 /var/www/rest-api/api/Storage/src/Storage/Usage/Controller/StorageUsage.php(91): Storage\Usage\Model\StorageUsage->calculateMediaBreakdown(Array)
#2 /var/www/rest-api/api/Core/src/Core/NasController.php(154): Storage\Usage\Controller\StorageUsage->get(Array, Array, ‘xml’, ‘2.1’)
#3 /var/www/htdocs/api/rest/index.php(20): Core\NasController->exec()
#4 {main}
Sep 16 10:48:00 LauralandHardy REST_API[28060]: 192.168.10.225 OUTPUT Alerts\Controller\Alerts GET SUCCESS

Hello,

Thanks for sharing, we have passed this along to support 

I did some testing on the capacity issue.  On my system the following processes were not running:

/etc/rc2.d/S85wdmcserverd
/etc/rc2.d/S92wdnotifierd stop
/etc/rc2.d/S85twonky stop
/etc/rc2.d/S95wdAutoMount stop

So I first started wdmcserved.  No capacity display.  I then started wdnotified.  No capacity display

I then started wdAutoMount.  Again no capacity.  I also noticed that the content scan had an error.

So I started twonky.  At this point content scan started scanning.  Then building.  When I checked in later I had

a cpapcity display showing my free space.  I then stopped each process except twonky and still had a display in capacity. 

I then stopped twonky and got an error in the content scan.  It seems that twonky builds the necessary tables

for the capacity display to work.  Also the messages above didn’t appear after the capacity display started working.

RAC

On my single bay NAS, I’ve never used Twonky.

It took 72 hours before my unit was stable.

I use Plex on my DL2100 to keep the kiddos happy :smileyvery-happy

I’m new to this forum, so I hope I’m not breaking etiquette, but I registred because I updated my fw to 04.04.00-303 and ran into issues, so I thought I should warn others.  I have a 3TB Wd MyCloud unit, and I have already updated it in the past without problems. But after this new fw installed, the unit rebooted, and although a splashscreen briefly flashed in front of me after it went back online, the web page blanked completely and I was left stranded, as ssh was disabled. After a bit of tinkering with the developper tools of my browser, I managed to remove enough of “display: none” attributes from the html code to show the login box, so I could access my device again (and I hate having to do things like that). Capacity wasn’t showing, and I saw that an analysis of content was supposedly happening. I opened the ssh access posthaste and waited some time for the analysis to progress, but it got stuck precisely at 700 videos. So I rebooted the unit, and now I have the login page back to normal (what a relief), but capacity still isn’t showing and it seems the analysis is stuck again at 60% after having processed 76 files more.

This FW release is in my opinion extremely buggy, and I wish I could roll it back. IMHO, one should wait a bit for an update before taking the plunge, as there are no must have features to gain, and a lot to lose by applying it.

M.

I can’t see the capacity since the upgrade, that section of the UI is just blank. Refreshing the page didn’t help either.

Anyone else having this issue?

1 Like

Does anyone else have “0kb left” capacity on the dashboard and can’t access any of the folders from windows either. I tried shutdown & reboot, reset system settings,  rebuilding / rescanning media etc multiple times. Nothing seems to fix this. The files are clearly there, I even checked this with SSH but I can’t access them from windows it just says I don’t have permission and I even tried to manually reinstall the firmware but it gave the “there is no enough space” error, I remember having this exact same problem on older firmware but it was fixed after sytem settings factory reset. I remember it may have had something to do with wdmcserverd & wdphotodbmergerd so I tried to stop them right after system settings reset but it didn’t work and I even tried enabling it so it would go through all the files (it didn’t create thumbnails even though it went through all the files, did they remove thumbnail creation from this fw?). So right now I can’t access my files from windows and dashboard says 0kb left, Diagnosis is Ok and Content Scan says Idle, any ideas?