Port forwarding

Hello all, I am trying to access my MBL over the internet using DDNS through a Linksys e3000 router.  I think my problem is port forwarding, but I can’t figure out which port to forward in order to see the MBL over the internet…any suggestions?

To see it HOW?   

To access files stored on the MBL over the internet.

Still not enough info.    How do you plan on accessing the files?

I don’t know.  I am new to this and have just navigated what DDNS is all about and how to get setup with that.  I have been able to get to my router dashboard over the internet using DDNS, but I have yet to figure out how to get to the MBL which sits behind the router on my network.

First, let me advise you that you’re opening yourself up to security issues if you can access your router via the Internet.   You need to STOP THAT possibility.  You don’t need ANYONE screwing around with your hardware.

Second, I don’t think it’s a good idea to allow access to your file system OUTSIDE your network, either.

But if you’re bound and determined to do that, you’ll need to run FTP on your MBL, or use MioNET.

MioNET has instructions here:  http://www.mionet.com/products/MBW_MioNet_Overview.aspx

If you’re using FTP, then FTP uses TCP port 21 for “Passive FTP,” which is what you’d be using.