POE Switch set up

Got it all figured out!!! I connected to each camera and changed the cameras IP setting to DHCP while connected to the NVR. Then when changed, moved the camera to the switch. When the router assigned it a IP, I then assigned it a static IP in the router DHCP server. After that i went into the dash board of the NVR and set the IP of the camera to static… The login for the camera is Username: admin Password: Readyview123

Hope this helps others!!!
Cheer

3 Likes

You rock!

I’m trying to accomplish the same thing. I can’t seem to find where to change the camera’s IP to DHCP. Assuming it’s done through the NVR menu somewhere?

yes in the camera tab

1 Like

Not seeing where to set DHCP. Any help appreciated! Thanks!!!

1. This assumes you have already connected all cameras to the NVR and they’ve been registered and given IPs to the unit.*
  2. Download WDRVTool, and run (this can be a useful tool to find the cameras)
  3. Plug computer into NVR port (1-8). It will auto-negotiate a 172 address.
  4. Let’s do ONE CAMERA AT A TIME… disconnect all cameras except one. It can be in ANY port.
  5. Go into NVR menu screen
    a. Go to CAMERA
  6. Identify LOCAL NVR IP of camera to change
    a. Ie. 172.16.0.xx
  7. Open a web browser, go to that address
  8. User/pass is: admin… default pass is Readyview123, however if you changed the password to the NVR already, then use that.
  9. Click SETUP (on top), NETWORK, then ETHERNET
  10. BEFORE changing the IP here, change the IP on the NVR to your desired IP.
    a. If you don’t the NVR will keep changing the IP back to its private segment automatically
    i. Took hours to figure that one out.
    b. On the camera page, click on the GEAR of that camera
    c. Change PLUG AND PLAY to IPADDRESS
    d. Enter the IP ADDRESS and click SAVE
    e. The camera will now show disconnected, but you can still get to it through the web page through the original address… 172…….
  11. On the webpage, change the IP address, subnet, and gateway. Click SAVE
  12. Wait a minute… then you can move the camera to your PoE switch.
  13. I kept hitting REFRESH on the WDVRTool to confirm when the change was successful.