Plz help me with WD external drive!

Hi guys, I’m new here and I just registered to find a solution for my problem, let’s get to the issue
I have a WD elements external drive and I used it as backup for my old data since maybe 2014.
I tried to format my laptop which is old but still working and I found a link in Microsoft to download and reinstall Windows 10 but it asked to either download the files on a usb drive that is not less than 8GB or to start the process right a way which I suppose to choose, but I thought it would be good idea to save the files to use it later and I chose to save them on my WD drive, no problem so far but I chose to Not to keep my files thinking of cleaning the pc and get fresh copy of windows. The process deleted all my data on the WD drive that is over 50GB and the worst and biggest problem it erased the capacity of the drive which was 1 terabyte to only 32 GB and I don’t know why ?
regarding the data I know there are many software’s to recover but I’m so worry about the drive size
is it possible to get it back and how ?

Appreciate any positive reply soonest

Because you formatted the drive FAT32 … Maximum partition size is 32GB using Windows formatter.

There’s only one way to find out. Download some data recovery software and try it.

Note: you’ll need another hard drive to recover the data onto. so you’ll need a spare hard drive with over 50GB of free space to recover the data to.
Also, data recovery (deep scan) can take several hours or several days.

You last resort to recover the data is a Profe$$ional Data Recovery $ervice

p.s. the Dollar signs are not a Typo

1 Like

Thank you Joey
Appreciate your time and information
:+1:

Yes, it is absolutely possible to recover lost or deleted data from hard disk or any other storage device by using a reliable data recovery software. There are many DIY data recovery software options available online, however, I will suggest you to try Stellar Data Recovery Software as it is one of the most advanced, easy to use & powerful data recovery software that enables the user to recover their lost or deleted data from corrupted or accidentally formatted drives or even from lost partitions of the drive in just 3 easy steps.

Hope it will help.

1 Like

Thank you for your email, yes I just downloaded the Stellar and will work on it as soon as I have time, it takes hours to recover about 900gb, anyway…
Appreciate your positive attitude bro
Have a great day

Thanks a lot for your reply :slight_smile: