Plex!

Yeah…again. I have received a WD My Cloud and Roku 3 as pressies but for the past couple of years I’ve tinkered with a Buffalo Linkstation Pro (LS-VL). The Buffalo was my first attempt at NAS, it was used along with Apple TV2 (XBMC), Now TV box (Plex) and every Android phone & device in the household. I had managed to install Plex on the Buffalo (tweaked firmware) that some kind person had taken their time to develop.

A little note to WD…give me the option for Plex, go on, blow the socks off the opposition.

Time to return the WD & dust down the Buffalo and hook it back up again, WD is not as noisy, has USB3 is a bit quicker but for me the inability to use a half decent, friendly media organiser/server on a modern system is pretty poor decision by WD.

Welcome to the Community.

Your post sounds more like a good Feature Request; the best place for this, is in the Ideas Exchange section. This way someone from WD will be sure to see it and will allow more users to support your idea.

However, I would first search and make sure that there are no other active Feature Requests suggesting the same or similar improvements. If there is, then you could add your post and vote on it.

Personal Cloud Ideas

1 Like

There is already a thread on Idea Exchange for feature request for Plex inclusion.

If u feel its requirred, please vote there and drop in ur serious comments

Link is here:

http://community.wd.com/t5/Personal-Cloud-Ideas/Please-add-Plex-Media-Server-support-in-addition-to-Twonky/idi-p/821305

2 Likes

Thanks folks for your input…it was more of a gentle rant on my behalf, I’m surprised the main feature I mentioned should need to be requested! For me multimedia storage stored locally and indexed with a user friendly interface thrown in is the main reason I delved into the world of the NAS…ohhh I wish I could rip firmwares apart and come up with my own solution!

the WD comes with Twonky. Have you looked at it? I am not real familier with either one so I can’t compare them for you

Hi, I did have a look at Twonky, I wasn’t really impressed…after using Plex that is. Thanks anyway.