Plex prevents standby

For the past several months I noticed my PR4100 wasn’t going into Standby mode and I could hear the HDDs accessing data. Then the NAS did go into Standby but Plex stopped working. After installing the latest version of Plex on the NAS, Standby mode was gone again. I went through this twice moving to new versions of Plex, but didn’t think too much of it, but it bothered me my HDDs were needlessly spinning.

While doing some NAS maintenance tonight, I turned off the Plex Media Server app, and lo and behold, the NAS is again in Standby mode. So I’m 99% sure this is related to Plex.

I don’t understand why Plex would keep the NAS “on” even though my TV (LG) isn’t on and accessing videos, and I’m not streaming music from the NAS through Plex. Is Plex sharing my content outside of my network?

Is anyone else experiencing this? Found a fix?

Thanks,
Paul

To start Plex from AlwaysUp choose Application > Start “Plex Media Server”. In a few seconds, the state should change to “Running”. If you do need to interact with Plex — to add media or change settings — you should: Stop Plex in AlwaysUp.