Plex enabled but cannot see any files from devices

I posted yesterday with a question but was told the post was being held until it was authorised by admin. As nothings happened with that yet I’ll try again.

All I want to do is access the files on the My Cloud on my LG TV (mainly movies and boxsets I’ve ripped) so how I do this is not too important but I seem to be having no luck at all.

Plex - I have enabled Plex in the My Cloud online area and gone through and configured it. My TV sees the My Cloud as the device but it sees none of the files. Even the Plex folders that are automatically created, no sign of those either.

Photos and Videos - As my TV has no Smartshare app (it as changed to ‘Photos and Videos’ a whole back) when using that it finds every device in my network - laptops and PC’s but doesn’t see the My Cloud.

I just don’t understand what’s going on? It’s almost like the file share aspect needs enabling but there is no dashboard as far as I have read in a home (which would explain why http://wdmycloud/ doesn’t do anything for me, just a ‘page cannot be displayed’.

Can anyone please help?