Plex Continuous Updates Needed

Many of us have Plex Passes and we want the latest updates from Plex. Please update the Plex app frequently.

Hi,

Once plex update complete, as soon you can turn off the auto update option.

I contacted Western Digital customer support who emailed me to state that Plex updates are the responsibility of Plex to push to devices. Here’s the email they sent me. It’s a load of pshh. Plex have told me the same but that it’s down to WD to do it.

Dear Ryan,

Thank you for contacting Western Digital Service and Support. My name is Sagar.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused.

We would like to inform you that it is not possible to manually update Plex for My Cloud Home. Plex update for My Cloud Home is provided and distributed by Plex, so My Cloud Home service (Plex) cannot be controlled by WD technical support.

We appreciate your patience and understanding. If you have any further questions, please reply to this mail and we will be happy to assist you further.

i agree WD need to get this sorted as plex have had updates for these devices for ages… even the version on the app store for the wd pr4100 i got is years old “V1.7.2.3878” and its ridiculous… but luckily i can manually install a updated version of plex which is something you cant do with the cloud home

wd are quick enough to blame plex to push updates to there devices when its WD who have to actually put it on there app store in the first place and push the updates out once checked and approved

1 Like