Plex configure redirects to wrong IP address and fails

Been searching for hours on this one …After enabling Plex service, then hitting configure on the My Cloud Home page, a ‘using plex’ page appears and after hitting ‘got it’ it tries to redirect to an invalid IP address and returns an error. Cannot see any settings within My Cloud Home relating to this. what gives there ? even tried the My Cloud Home device on a different network - same issue…

i.e. WD My cloud home is working fine on the network with the 192.168.0 range from the router, but after enabling PLEX though the settings, then hit configure, it trys to re-direct to the 192.168.1.12 address for configuration…obviously this is never going to happen…even tried a different network with a 192.168.1.* network and it STILL doesn’t get past it…just comes back with error - obviously…It seriously looks like a major bug to me…and of course the WD My cloud home has no settings to to play with…no IP address to set, no plex server address, no DLNA settings, no nothing. Why couldn’t they leave DLNA there on it’s own ? seriously…really frustrating interface…anyhow, Ive tried through the desktop app, the web app, and the mobile app, and same result on all !!! WTF FFS !!! ordinarily I would say a firmware update required but you don’t get access to that either…

can’t see any info on any router settings required.

PMS can be difficult to find using MCH and you may end up rebooting the MCH to see it, but the problem may persist. I would rather not run PMS on my MCH.

Ok when you hit configure on PLEX after enable, it’s not displaying the PLEX sign in page…that is where it all stops…also cannot connect through IP address either. Happens in any browser, and the message is ‘CONNECTION REFUSED’…SURELY someone out there knows the solution to this…Ive tried firewall exceptions, changed IP addresses, but there is very few other options…Will a FULL reset and wipe fix it ? this is my last resort as there is 5TB of data on there…