Please Unallocated Partition MBR Layout on External HDD 3.0 4TB

Hi Everyone

I am having issues with external WD HDD 3.0 USB 4TB and apparently somebody advised me to change it on to MBR layout and need to create 2 FAT32 partition in order for me to view these files on my PS3

Q1- When I format GPT to MBR my HDD is outlayed automatically in to Two different Partitiona i.e. 2 TB and 1.6 TB? even I havent shrink any volume

… can I reset this setting as I would like to have 2 Different Partition of 1.8 TB similar format !!!

Q2 - I can assign drive and format my first partition i.e. 2TB but when I select another partition i…e Unallocated 1.6 TB (greyd out) and dosent give me any option of new assigned drive  ??.. I have downloaded third party application Easus Partition MASTER home edition & with the help of this I am trying to create a partion but all I get is 185 GB of allocated space on HDD and still left with Plenty of 1.4 TB of Unallocated Space which I still can`t assign to any drive ??

Please Help

Gb

MBR limitation is 2.196 GB. meaning you should not format drives larger than 2tb to mbr. Use gpt instead, however ps3 only recognized fat32 format drives. Also i dont think ps3 can recognized drives that are 4tb. You need a diff drive which is smaller than 4tb for your ps3, i think 2tb might work

Hi

My PREVIOUS version of 2 TB HDD is working flawlessly with my PS3 thats the sole reason why I bought 4TB HDD 3.0 but wasnt aware its going to give me so much grief

then your ps3 can only support 2TB drives. Try partitioning the drive in 2. Format the one to fat32 and the other ntfs, hope this works.

Thats what exactly I am trying to do
I cant assign drive and format my second first partition i.e. 1.82 its Unallocated (greyd out) and dosent give me any option of new assigned drive ??.. I have downloaded third party application Easus Partition MASTER home edition & with the help of this I am trying to create a partion but I still can`t assign to any drive ??

Try writing zeros on the drive http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1211/session/L3RpbWUvMTM2MjEyMjEyMy9zaWQvT1RVem0ya2w%3D

Ok guys

Finally I have found something which might interset everyone

I have used GPART boot up CD and from there I can create FAT32 for my whole 4 TB HDD … thts so freakin awesome

But given a thought that PS3 wont recognise more than 2 TB HDD FAT32 on MBR Layout, I have formatted my HDD on 1. 8 TB HDD on FAT32 and remainder on NTFS (MBR Layout)

BURN is this is still not showing up on PS3  … man this thing is killing me !! someone advised me to turn off/disable VCD frm WD MY BOOK ESSENTIAL ?? cant find this option on Smartware or on WD website ???

My Major concern for all these changes and effort which I had put on this … why I cant see my HDD on PS3?