Please make that support XP os for ssd

I recently bought wd greend ssd 128gb.
but dashboard is not support Windows XP.
Inevitably there are still many people using XP.
If your company thinks about customers, you should not ignore my opinion.
Waiting for good feedback.
Thanks.

Microsoft does not even support XP any longer so I do not think you will see any manufacturer continue support for an OS when the maker of the OS no longer supports it. Probably a good time to look at a current OS.

drlucky

January 30

Microsoft does not even support XP any longer so I do not think you will see any manufacturer continue support for an OS when the maker of the OS no longer supports it. Probably a good time to look at a current OS.

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

Hi.
Thank you for your answer.

But I have to keep using xp.
Then, can you give me advice to trim to manage ssd?

then i guess you’ll to keep using non ssd hard drives.

but even then, GPT (Guid Partitions) which all WD’s now use is not supported by Windows XP and none of the Software is XP compatible either.

Buying an SSD Drive for use with Windows XP is like buying Racing Wheels for old Horse And Buggy carriage.

I agree with you about that.
However, it is foolish to replace a healthy computer because of its operating system.
Would you do that?
Not a penny or two.
I just understand that it’s impossible.
Thanks.

i agree it would be silly to replace the whole computer … but, upgrading the obsolete operating system (if possible) would make more sense.

Would i do it ? yep … wen’t from XP to Win7 about 4 Years ago (because of incompatibities with XP) … will upgrade again when things in Win7 stop being supported

XP itself does not support TRIM at all so the OS itself would never send any TRIM command to the SSD.

Also for TRIM to work the SATA mode must be set to AHCI in the BIOS. IF the BIOS only support IDE SATA mode TRIM will never make it to the SSD regardless of the OS. if this is the case form your computer upgrading the OS will not make TRIM work as AHCI SATA mode is also required.

@JoeySmyth Whether or not you use a GPT partition is dependent on the OS and bios not the storage device itself.

New WD Hard drives are factory partitioned GPT … that’s a fact

Windows XP-32 Bit is not compatible with GPT … another fact.

So, you will need to re-partition the GPT factory partitioned hard drive to MBR Partition for use with Windows XP-32 Bit … i didn’t mention that because i thought it was common knowledge for even a novice PC user, that they can re-partition / re-format a hard drive.

What do you mean by “factory partitioned”?. I’ve never purchased a hdd that was already formatted when I received it. Of course you can format the drive and partition it how you want to. Like I said it’s dependent on the OS and bios. No need to be snarky.

was referring to External Hard drives … my bad (which are factory formatted and partitioned)

Ok then, that makes more sense.