Please help -- WD40000A 4 disk failed

It’s working fine today and my housemates been watching movies. All of a sudden they informed me that they lost access to the drive. I was still able to login to WD sharespace via web to check status and i found out that the four disk failed. I did not receive any alarm or warning about this.  Now I am worried about my data as I have everything in the NAS. Can anyone assist or any recommendation on how to recover my data? It’s configured as Raid 5 (default config).  Please . im so so desperate to restore my data. Thanks.

If all internal drives shows as failed, there is a chance that the enclosure has failed instead of the drives.  To see if this is a false alarm you can reset it, by holding its reset button for 20 seconds.  If the issue is not fixed you may contact WD for a replacement:  http://support.wdc.com/contact/index.asp?wdc_lang=en.

Hi,

am also facing the same problem exactly and i dont now what to do ??

am wondering if i do reset my problem will get fixed but i cant keep my self in resk. please let me know if you found any solution wich can returm my data back.

Pleaseeeeee. Thanks

Best Regards

ibehbehani wrote:

Hi,

am also facing the same problem exactly and i dont now what to do ??

am wondering if i do reset my problem will get fixed but i cant keep my self in resk. please let me know if you found any solution wich can returm my data back.

Pleaseeeeee. Thanks

Best Regards

any updates on your case…

you can replace the failed drive

just contact WD… the data will be save with the RAID config