Please help: WD My Passport for Mac cannot be detected in My Computer but is seen in Device Manager

greetings. I would just like to ask for help for my external drive. I bought it last August 21 and went perfectly fine. It works in Windows 7 and Vista but rarely on XP. I mean, it worked in somebody else’s computer that’s running in Windows XP. when I tried it at home, it wasn’t working. 

I updated the WD SES Driver when it showed the Code 28 error from the properties and fortunately it worked. hours later, it malfunctioned again. so I reinstalled the WD SES Driver again and nothing happened. I restarted the computer but still nothing happened. I checked online for help, hoping that updating the Firmware of the drive would be the solution but then there was an error during the installation. it said, Firmware update failed on specified drive. Please click Exit, then close all other open applications and then run the  WD Firmware Updater again.

I don’t know what to do next. I’ve checked other possibilites online but I’m afraid to perform them because I have lots of valuable files in the drive. please help.

it’s a WD My Passport for Mac, 1TB, WDBBXV0010BBK-01

thanks in advance.

Hello, what file system are you using for the Passport? NTFS, HFS+, etc.