Please help me check my case

Dear team,

Please help me check my case : [Removed due to privacy policy]
It’s almost 2 months that Thailand agent didn’t follow up and assist customer at all.

Thanks.
Anupong

@Anupong please Private Message me your case number

1 Like

Hi SBrown,

@SBrown How to send private message to you ? Please advice.

Thanks,
Anupong

1 Like

@SBrown I try to search create new message but no button, Could you please send message to me then I’ll revert case number to you.

Thanks.

@Anupong I checked your case, and the issue of “Device Being Full” is explained in the KBA article below.
Basically, all content added to the My Cloud Home will have a thumbnail generated. The thumbnails will utilize disk space on the My Cloud Home which could cause the unit to fill to capacity depending on the number of files that contain embedded images.

https://support.wdc.com/knowledgebase/answer.aspx?ID=20979&lang=en

1 Like

@SBrown Can WD release new FW for My Cloud cause it’s consume capacity around 35% of files size.

Any update ? or I need to sell this product to another unlucky guy.

@SBrown Can you advice me ? I still waiting update from you too.

@Anupong the thumbnail generation of content added to a My Cloud Home is a feature that cannot be disabled or turned off. The solution here is to use a larger capacity device.

The former My Cloud Product line supports disabling thumbnail generation, however, remote access must also be disabled making it a local only access device.

@SBrown Could you please specific size of thumbnail ?

Sample :
Current I’ve more than 200,000 pics in MyCloud. 1 pic around 2mb to 10mb pending on type of files that I load from camera. How about size of thumbnail ?