Please help flickering / clipping on and off

I down loaded a bunch of movies on my new LIve Hub and they all seem to play fine until aprox. 1 hour into it the screen on my sony bravia starts flickering out. The sound stops also. It’s almost like it’s lossing the hdmi connection for a second because I see the hdmi input logo pop up in the top right corner as if i were switching inputs on the tv. Sometimes it will do this every 5 secs for about 1 min. the it might not do it again for another 20 minutes. Is my hdmi cord to long? I’m using a 10 footer. I thought meybe it’s getting to hot but it only slightly warm and the fan seems to be working. Anyone got any ideas? This is driving me nuts.

Maybe you should try contacting WD’s Technical Support about this. You can do so either by phone or email.

To Contact WD for Technical Support
http://support.wdc.com/contact/index.asp?lang=en

10 foot length should not be a problem.   But I would check the quality of the cable, and also make sure the cable is correctly and securely connected.  

Try purchasing a High-End cable (HDMI 1.4).   If the problem continues, just take the cable back.

If the problem goes away, you found the issue.