Please help , dont know whats going on?

hi all need some help please updated my player to the new firmware a week ago and having some probs now ???

on the old firmware my media library was set up and running well show all art work when i went into it (when i say all i mean all )  now when i go to the media library all iam getting to show up are my sub folder i.e (blu-ray rips, music dvd rips, and so on) i have to go into each folder to see the art work for that folder  ??? anyone know whats gone wrong please . so old firmware showed me all art work from all folders in my media library  (in one place)  new firmware i have to go to the sub folder to see art work for that folder

thanks

What version were you upgrading from?   The prior release, or something older than that?

thanks for taking time to reply tony was on 1.7.15 and now on on 1.80.17  (have also seeing i put this post in the wrong place should be in the  smp  General Discussions sorry)

cheers

anyone please :cry:

You answered your own question above, wrong group. I am assuming a good ammount of people in this group dont have that device so can’t be too much help to you.

Good Luck

-P

I had the same prob awhile ago&reformated whole thing so lost everything so had to start again.All you need to do is google( wd media player role back).you will find a page that will tell you how to.you will need a mem stick or external harddrive.dont do what i did&reformat your player.turn off your auto detect new firmware on player&leave it turnd off.when youve rolled it back to a firmware that worked it should be fine.hope this helps.

yellowfish wrote:

thanks for taking time to reply tony was on 1.7.15 and now on on 1.80.17  (have also seeing i put this post in the wrong place should be in the  smp  General Discussions sorry)

cheers

You can rollback to the old firmware by downloading from the page below and following the instructions.

http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5860

Guys, he doesn’t have a Live Hub, so suggestions that work for the Hub probably won’t work for him.

Miami_Son wrote:

Guys, he doesn’t have a Live Hub, so suggestions that work for the Hub probably won’t work for him.

Has there been any suggestions? He has a Live Streaming Player.

guys thanks for all the time and help ,  again sorry for posting in wrong area , the thing is i have done a roll back to the ( Rollback_wdtvlivegen3_1_07_15) and iam still have the same probs ??? 

ok this is what i have done went to  media library where i add folder from my nas called movies . now in that folder there is 6 sub folders  called blu-rips , new movies , tv shows , kids movies ,  hd movies  and Comedy. now before i did the update my media library show all art work for all folders  in one place . new when i go to media library by the yellow botton i get  the folder called movies i go into that then i get the sub folders  called blu-rips , new movies , tv shows , kids movies ,  hd movies  and Comedy so now i have to go to kids movies to get art work for kids or new movies to get art for new movies and so on ??? at a lost now

cheers

yellowfish wrote:

guys thanks for all the time and help ,  again sorry for posting in wrong area , the thing is i have done a roll back to the ( Rollback_wdtvlivegen3_1_07_15) and iam still have the same probs ??? 

Dude, you aren’t likely to get much help in here as the SMP is not the same as the Live Hub. You really need to go over to the proper forum for your device.

@ yellowfish

By  Default , the Remote Control Buttons are Setup like this …

The  “Yellow”  Button is the Visual View Changer (Gallery, List etc)

The  “Red”  Button is the Content Source Changer (My Media Library, Local Storage etc)

The  “Green”  Button is the Fitler (Folders, All, Sorting etc)

Have a Tinker Around … and see if it’s just some simple little setting  :smiley: