Please help cannot stream from Win7 64bit PC (no other PC or devices on Network)

Until about a year ago, my gen 3 WDTV SMP was streaming fine through Windows Share, Twonky, and Windows Media Player, but the connection began to deteriorate at one point, and one day, it stopped altogether.  My router is an Asus RT-N13U, and it works fine, otherwise.  I get strong signals on my smartphone, and even the WDTV internet media mostly seems to be working fine, except for Facebook, for which I still can’t see my photos or video.  I had the wifi environment turned off for nearly a year now, but I thought I’d give another try today.  Unfortunately, I still cannot get it to work.  I have been reading about others who had similar problem, but they all seem to have multiple devices/PC’s on their network which pointed to something called a “Master Browser issue”.  However, since I only have one PC at the moment and the only other device I am trying to see on my network is the SMP, I don’t think this applies to me.  I have tried the various setting suggestions that was mentioned in some of the threads, but I had no luck thus far.  Can someone please help me with this issue?  My player was working just fine before and I am completely out of options.

Thank you,

Max

Hello,

Take a look at this link and review the steps to share a folder or a drive. Hope it helps.

How to share a folder in Windows that can be viewed with the WD TV Live, Live Streaming, Live Hub, or Live Plus 

are you trying to share files from the c drive make sure your one the same network windows 7 tends to go with home  group and wdtv goes with workgroup make sure the p.c time and the wdtv time are in sync  if your sharing the c drive try movie a video file to public folder see what happens i have a simular issue in trying to share a second drive  wdtv sees the drive and folder how ever only aone video shows up and that is not even on my folder a simpler way to stream videos from your p.c to the wdtv is thru a thrid party software plex and ps3 media server plex is more deatiled and ps3 is simpler the only issue would be a limit on the types of videos the will stream how ever you can convert the video files or there maybe  plugins for codecs

simplest solution is to use a third party  server software like ps3 i have the same issue trying to share a second drive it shows up but the only video that is liste is not on the drive go figure