Please give us a firmware update?!?!?!

So I’m assuming at this point that the reason you haven’t release a firmware update is because you’re engineers have been spending their time writing firmware for the WD TV Live Plus. Do you really think you got it right the 5th time? Because you didn’t quite get it the first 4 times and even though you’ve spit out an occasional firmware update to appease the crowd, the crowd is not appeased because there are still so many bugs.

Coincidentally, right now I’m looking for a Netflix player. Based on your current track record of bugs, the last device I’d buy is the Live Plus. Just give us firmware. Where is your customer loyalty???

The only hope we have now is that you’ll soon run out of words you can tack on to the end of you’re product names.

WD TV

WD TV Live

WD TV Live Plus

At least dvd support should be available on every wdtv. Even wdtv can do it!

Removed reply. Incorrect thread.

WD TV right now its probably a inside joke to WD. So many users got screw and keep buying the new ones. Its sad really.

just to support this request, but I think is useless…   WD prefers to launch new products instead improve the quality of the existing ones.

it is a good approach for profit, but they forgot existing customers will not buy WD products anymore.

I’m really appalled by the treatment of current owners.  Who cares if firmware updates are coming for previous products if we don’t know what’s in the update until we find out we’re screwed. and the features everyone wants (like Netflix) are instead bundled in with a new product that is technologically the same as the prior product.

The claim that new hardware was required means only 1 of 2 things:

1.  30 dollar premium for the netflix support for a new customer is more important than support for a current customer, or 2.  30 dollar premium for the netflix support for a new customer is more important than support for a current customer.

We need someone like engadget to take one apart and document the components to see what, if anything, is actually different between the two products.

At the moment it’s clear WD doesn’t care to keep  existing customers.

After a good start with the Firmware updates they let the 1st gen users down.

Tip for WD : the secret to cutomer loyalty is service and aftersales…ur doing it wrong

Not 1 wd product will come into this household again, time for a htpc…no WD hdd"s

psyop wrote:

I’m really appalled by the treatment of current owners.  Who cares if firmware updates are coming for previous products if we don’t know what’s in the update until we find out we’re screwed. and the features everyone wants (like Netflix) are instead bundled in with a new product that is technologically the same as the prior product.

The claim that new hardware was required means only 1 of 2 things:

1.  30 dollar premium for the netflix support for a new customer is more important than support for a current customer, or 2.  30 dollar premium for the netflix support for a new customer is more important than support for a current customer.

We need someone like engadget to take one apart and document the components to see what, if anything, is actually different between the two products.

There are technical reasons that Netflix won’t play on our old, depricated, out of date, boxes based on Netflix’s constraint that any device that plays Netflix support DRM. Which means in short, you’re not able to copy the movie and store it locally to watch it later. The difference between the new boxes and all of our out of date boxes is that the Sigma chip in the new box (which sounds like an older chip based on the model name) supports DRM. If you want to push the Netflix issue, you’d really have to push the DRM issue which goes back to the companies that license movies to Netflix which are the big movie studios. It’s being pushed but I’m not convinced progress is being made.

I’m not so concerned with Netflix as I am with having my bugs fixed, which would show customer loyalty. I think WD’s motto is something like “Quantity Over Quality”.