Please add back Pandora to Canada

Purchased in Toronto Canada as an upgrade to the previous model. Pandora is missing from this model. i’ve got the latest firmware update as of 12/23.

I travel between NYC and Toronto and take my hub with me, I also have a US IP in Canada, so essentailly I’m american and love Pandora.

model: WDBHG70000NBK-01

Will this ever be added back or should I return?

thanks

Pandora is not listed as a service for Canada.  

Pandora is US Only.  

I’m not sure why you’re saying “Add it back?”  was it ever there?

hello have you not heard of people travelling with the devices before? i also see that my device doesn’t have :

1 - HuluPlus

2 - Vudu

3 - BlockBuster

4 - Pandora

WD reinstall these or i’m returning the device.

If you have a US Unit, those services will be there when you’re in the US.

so what’s the delta between US and Canadian unit? Software differences? Hardware? appears that the firmware is same regardless if US or Canadian…so i’m going to guess it’s a delta in hardware. can someone confirm?

Hi Christo,

What is the model number of your device, which I’m assuming is a WDTV Live (Gen 3)? The number you gave is the part number. If your device shows as VESN the device is Canadian.

Just checked Future Shop and BestBuy Canada and confirm they sell the VESN model. When checking BestBuy USA they carry the HESN model. If this is correct the delta you refer to is the particular model (hardware) the store sells. It may be worthwhile to pick up a HESN model the next time you swing by NYC.

WD TV Live Streaming Media Player (3rd Gen.):
PAN AMERICA (NTSC): WDBHG70000NBK-HESN
CANADA           (NTSC): WDBHG70000NBK-VESN
JAPAN               (NTSC): WDBHG70000NBK-JESN
APAC                 (NTSC): WDBHG70000NBK-SESN
APAC                 (PAL): WDBGXT0000NBK-SESN
EMEA                 (PAL): WDBGXT0000NBK-EESN
AUS                   (PAL): WDBGXT0000NBK-AESN
UK                     (PAL): WDBGXT0000NBK-UESN

Thanks for the info…rather unfortunate…guess it’s going back to the store. Had I known this before hand.

returned mine