Playlist Problems since latest update

This device has worked flawlessly since i got it, but this update has stopped all my music playlists from working. They all open a window that says there’s no content in the current folder.

All my playlists are in a top level “Playlists” folder and the item paths all start with …\Music\

Never had any issues before. Any ideas anyone?

Newbie mistake — put this post in the wrong board yesterday - this is about the Live Hub.

Is anyone else having this problem??

This device has worked flawlessly since i got it, but this update has stopped all my music playlists from working. They all open a window that says there’s no content in the current folder.

All my playlists are in a top level “Playlists” folder and the item paths all start with …\Music\

Never had any issues before. Any ideas anyone?

To my knowledge they took a playlist function that worked a little bit and now doesn’t work at all with the latest firmware

Thanks for the comment. I was wondering if it was me or not.

This is the first update that has caused me any real issues. I’ve noticed other annoyances besides this one. Let’s hope the next update is soon and solid.

The playlists are the way  I play music from this device - it’s a real problem.

FlimB wrote:

Thanks for the comment. I was wondering if it was me or not.

This is the first update that has caused me any real issues. I’ve noticed other annoyances besides this one. Let’s hope the next update is soon and solid.

The playlists are the way  I play music from this device - it’s a real problem.

If there is nothing in the new update that you need, rollback to the previous version, then your playlists will work again.

Was thinking of that but I didn’t keep a copy of the last version or I’d do that using a USB stick. Is there somewhere that I can get a copy of a recent version?

http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5860

Whoopsie!   Didint’ see that you posted in the Hub section by mistake.

The Live/Live Plus rollback is: http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5800

Thanks a ton to all you guys. Your help is much appreciated. It’s real easy to wander around in the dark wondering if you’re going the right direction or not.

I’ll give that a go first chance I get and let you know.

After upgrading my TV live hub player to 2.07.17, I noticed the performance reduction.

Will it be alright if I go to the previous version and could anyone suggest me how to go back to the previous version, without losing the internal harddisk memory.

Thanks in Advance

Hello Madhusudhan.

Doing a firmware rollback will not affect any video, picture or music files you might have copied to the hub.

Just wanted to get back and say that the rollback process is painless - as long as the one you’re going back to works to your satisfaction.

I’m just happy that my playlists work again - that wasn’t even funny.

Thanks for the help.