Playing music through WD TV hub

I want ot use WD TV hub to listen music through my Onkyo AV receiver. Can I listen to music without switching on my TV/screen. Is it necessary to have TV for controls required for playing music?

Sure, as long as you have either the stereo or optical output from the hub connected to the receiver and you have selected the proper option in the audio out option, it should work just fine.

TheCoolDude wrote:
Sure, as long as you have either the stereo or optical output from the hub connected to the receiver and you have selected the proper option in the audio out option, it should work just fine.

You will still need to turn on the screen to see what you are doing (i.e. select the music you want), but once it’s rolling, then you can turn off the screen.

Too bad there is no app for this system that let’s you see what is going on from a phone or tablet - I ended up going to some Sonos components to get that option.

Actually there is an iPad app designed for the hub using the latest FW update, but you still need the screen on to be able to see what you are doing. http://www.lobger.com/wdtvremote/

Thanks cooldude. Can you tell me what is this sonos component?